Realty Reality


I reviewed my Realtor.ca search and realized that I hadn't put anything in it that would filter for properties with rental suites, so I added that criteria... and this immediately narrowed the results down to the same single property that I saw when I created a search profile on the site a month ago.

I feel it important to use this moment to accept the reality that I may be looking in the wrong place for what I need because it obviously doesn't exist. The only house that matches my criteria is one that is trashed by fire and needs serious repair, yet is still listed at $240,000. I'm tempted to call this insane... but the reality is that I'm the insane one for looking for what I need in a place where it obviously doesn't exist.

In April 2022 I made a similar comment on a property I found on Kijiji... one that was a total garbage property in a garbage neighborhood listed for what used to be considered a "starter price" back when I was younger... meaning that "starter" now means that you either agree to live in a war zone or find a way to afford the present day starter price of $350,000 (when I increased the price range on my criteria to $350K, I again found ONE property... see the 1411 6th Avenue N link below).


For sale: 307 111th STREET, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N1T4 - SK920279 | REALTOR.ca

For sale: 1411 6th AVENUE N, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K2T7 - SK924174 | REALTOR.ca


Comments