Jordan Peterson lecture clip about men's interest in psychology

YouTube recommended this video to me and it motivated me to find the source material because I could see jump cuts in it that made me sceptical of it's full integrity.

The Simple Reason 90% of Men Are Lost in Life | Jordan Peterson


Here is the full lecture playlist which the clip was taken from.

2017 Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief (University of Toronto)


Specifically, it is taken from the 2h20m mark of the 11th video in the playlist. Here is a link to that direct spot. I personally find the original raw video more satisfying than the mashed clip.



After viewing this, my own comments about what he's talking about are that I think there are more women in the psychology field because women want to learn how to care about others, but there are more men watching his psychology lectures because they want to learn how to care about themselves. There are some specific quotes from this reference that reveal what I'm talking about...

"Women know what they have to do. Men have to figure out what they have to do."

"A man has to decide that he's going to do something."

Men watch these lectures to figure out what they have to do.

Comments