Hobo
"When it comes to train riding, you have to give that train all of your respect, but the train will never give you any. You can't rely upon the train to get you where you're going or to be a smooth ride or a safe one. I have a great concern about equipment failure. I have a concern about human error with regard to rail operations. These kinds of things I have no control over. You never know when you're going to be on a train that has a crew that's gone to sleep at the throttle and the next thing you know you're in a big pile up at the bottom of a hill."
This is a great metaphor for just about anything that we depend on but can't control... a family, an employer, a government... as well as life itself.
===
watched, The American Hobo: History of the Railriding Worker
Riding the Rails during the Great Depression
===
Comments
Post a Comment