The Truth
A Jordan Peterson video called Truth was shared with me in an online discussion and the quote below is from that video.
"The proper route forward for the redemption of the individual and for mankind as a whole is as a consequence of the redemption of each individual, and I truly believe that. And I believe that this occurs as a consequence of adherence to the truth and courage in the face of being." Timecode 08:37
Before seeing the video above, I had already written something about a previous discussion about moral dilemmas. I was actually writing it as an overall comment on the Moral Dilemma video... but it's more appropriate to pair with this video about Truth based on the quote above from it and that it is in line with what I wrote.
-My overall impression of the moral dilemma video is that it is over-complicating the concept of morality in a way that can be easily corrected.All of the examples of "dilemmas" in the video have the same thing in common... it is always about caring for the well-being of EVERYONE. The problem with this is that it is impossible to do because no person is individually capable of that. The more details there are, the more complex it becomes and the more impossible it is for individuals to manage. It's a problem that never gets smaller or simpler... it always gets bigger and more complex.The solution to this is to completely simplify it all down to ONE SINGLE THING... caring for the well-being of ourselves. The critical part of this is that it's about caring about the well-being of our own MORALITY. When our own morality is well cared for, it has an effect on everyone we come in contact with... whether it's one person or one million people. The amount of details and complexity is irrelevant because the only details that matter are the ones about ourselves.Curly even said this back in the 80's... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1uOqRb0HU-
I decided to write this journal entry about it because I came across a clip of a traumatized dog being trained and it reminded me of a similar story of a chronically angry person behaving like that dog and how a similar treatment helped both of them. These two references to the traumatized dog and angry person are examples of situations where the subjects are going through a process of understanding "The Truth" described in the Jordan Peterson video.
REFERENCES
Common Ground Discussion: The Truth
https://www.facebook.com/groups/471877904515833/posts/500712038299086/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/471877904515833/posts/500712038299086/
Real Love Radio #027 - Someone in our Loving Group is very angry
Common Ground: What are Moral Dilemmas
Comments
Post a Comment