That's falcking confusing

Here is how my mind works. While relaxing I decided to take a look at the world table tennis event that's on right now. I browsed through some video of one of the days and found myself focused on trying to understand the event itself because of having worked as a TTennis event organizer. Because I was in this mindset I found I was noticing inconsistencies. One of them was the name of a Swedish player. I got focused on it because I wasn't familiar with all the names and wanted to be clear who was who. Because I'm not watching it live I can deviate and research things. I was confused by the Swedish player's name because his shirt didn't match the score display.

2026-05-03_111709 - LIVE! - T3 - Day 5 - GS - ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Lon_.png
I found him on Wikipedia and was amused to see this:

This made me curious about marriage naming in Sweden, and I found that:

So my conclusion about Mr Karlsson is that his divorce happened between the time the ITTF registered him for the event and the event itself, so they have him under his married name on the scoreboard but he has his birth name on his shirt. Easier to change shirts than to change ITTF registration? :-)


Comments