Black Robe


Black Robe (1991) ORIGINAL TRAILER [HD 1080p] - YouTube

Bruce Beresford in Sydney, Australia 2012, talking about Black Robe (1991) - YouTube




  • "One of the great films about Canada ... directed by an Australian (Bruce Beresford).  Nevertheless, nice epic feel and felt very real. I liked that it did not impose a viewpoint but rather left the clash of culture out on the screen for your own judgment. Bleak at times and not sugarcoated, it nevertheless humanizes all of the characters, even when it depicts some very brutal scenes. It came out around the same time as Dances With Wolves but I prefer this film."

  • Chomina: Tell me, Blackrobe, what does your dream say now?
  • Father Laforgue: I am too weary for dreams.
  • Chomina: You must. If you do not, how do you see the way ahead?
  • Father Laforgue: Put my trust in God. He will guide me all the way to paradise.
  • Chomina: But you have not seen this paradise. No man should welcome death. This world is a cruel place, but it is the sunlight. I am sorry I leave now.




Comments