Now this is a sense of purpose


Out of necessity because of the first snow of the year, I decided to spend 15 minutes shoveling the basic walkway of my side of the apartment building. This is partly selfish because I myself benefit from it, but it's an opportunity for me take a few more moments because I'm the one with the shovel in hand and I'm up early and have the effort to give to it, to do more than just the path to my own car. 

It also happens to be way better than any exercise activity because not only do I get what my body needs in terms of physical activity, the work being done is useful to others in a very practical way.

I'm not trying to paint myself as a saint. It happens to be a personal tool to escape the other stressful things in my life right now because it's something that I know how to do and no I can succeed at in a measurable time frame. It feels so good to do this. It's just an additional benefit that I can accomplish something that is useful to more than just myself at the same time. Some people might view this as a ridiculously simple activity not worthy of such praise. Those people should not even be reading this, because I'm not doing it for them.

_______________
Evening Update...


_______________









Comments